Wednesday, July 18, 2012

As Long As I Am Blogging . . .

My first post was very concerned about not having enough time to keep up this blog.  So what did I do about it?  I created another blog, constructingmathinstruction.wordpress.com.  Kind of counterintuitive if you ask me.  No one ever claimed I was conservative, so why disappoint?  

The new blog has a very specific purpose, unlike this one.  The Absolute Value of Teaching will be my medium where I plan on rambling, reflecting, and creating a personal journal of my teaching and professional development process.  Constructing Math Instruction, on the other hand, is for gathering and sharing engaging and perplexing ideas for teaching math.  In particular, I will be focusing on the Common Core Math standards for grades 6-8 and blogging a "Learning Target of the Day."  The micro-goal is to gather as many unique and interesting ideas for teachers to implement in their classroom. The macro-goal is to collaborate to create a math curriculum that can be used freely by anyone.

A few of the features of the new blog:
  • Learning Target of the Day - These learning targets will be tagged with PA assessment anchors and Common Core math standards.
  • Math Instructional Ideas - There is a form for teachers (or anyone else with a great idea) to submit their engaging or perplexing idea to be used in a classroom.  The aggregate list is also provided.  All submissions will be tied to a Common Core math standard.
  • Talk About Math - This is an open-forum comment thread where math instruction ideas can be discussed.
  • Read About Math - Of course, I will also be posting on the blog.  Insights into math instruction will be provided.
Please help me share this project around the Math Blogotwittosphere, which of course, is the best!  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment